PICKLED RADISH

Monday, June 23, 2014

I love radish.  I love growing them and I love eating them.  I plant some each week to ensure that I have a regular supply.  These little babies are the first ones picked from my new vegetable garden;


 I hosted a party recently and as well as a pizza bar where guests could top their own pizza before they hit the sizzling heat of the cob oven we also had a burger bar that had many choices of sauces, caramelised onions, a wonderful balsamic bacon marmalade (flipping amazing stuff by the way!) and pickled radish.  They are super simple and super quick.  They only need a few hours in the fridge and a whole lot of magic happens to this little peppery garden friend.

 PICKLED RADISH

INGREDIENTS

  • 100ml water
  • 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 2 dried chillies
  • 1 tsp. corriander seeds
  • 2 thick sliced of ginger
  • Handful of radish cut into thick slices

METHOD

  1. In a small pan put everything apart from the radish in and bring to the boil.  Once at a boil take it off the heat.
  2. Place the sliced radish in a jar and pour over the hot pickle juice.
  3. Place the lid on and put them in the fridge to cool completely.
  4. Use once cool.  They will last for a week in the fridge.  
See, easy peasy!  


They were fabulous on the burgers and the day after the party they were even more fabulous with some home made falafel- recipe for those coming in the next few days.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tell me what you're thinking, I promise I don't bite!