BREAD PROJECT: #23- TOMATO AND RED PEPPER TEAR 'N' SHARE BREAD

Friday, July 05, 2013

OK this is an official catch up on Life Without Lemons.  I took a little two week break from blogging to keep every minute of my time free for family, who were visiting from the UK.  I did however keep up with making bread each week- no time to blog about it but there is always time to eat!


So over the next week I will be posting my catch up posts to get me all caught up with my 52 Breads in 2013 Project.;



I have to give credit to my hubby who took the photos of the cooked bread read for this blog post as I was out for the evening.  He even did some of angles and close up shots- he knows me so well! 

TOMATO AND RED PEPPER TEAR 'N' SHARE BREAD

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 350g strong white bread flour
  • Three quarter of a teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon fast action dried yeast
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 225ml luke warm water

FOR THE TOPPING
  • 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste
  • 50g small cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Half a 290g jar chargrilled red peppers in oil drained and sliced
  • 80g mild soft goat’s cheese
  • 50 g grated mozzarella cheese
  • 8 sprigs of fresh basil leaves
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil


METHOD

  1. Grease a tin measuring 22cm x 33cm.
  2. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl. Stir in the oil and water and mix to a soft dough.
  3. Turn the dough out onto a un-floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Press the dough evenly into the base of the prepared tin. Cover and prove in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
  4. With your fingers make dents all over the surface of the dough, pushing through to the bottom of the tin. Spread the tomato paste over the surface. Push in the cherry tomatoes and spread the strips of peppers evenly over the top. Using half a teaspoon at a time, place blobs of goat’s cheese over the dough and sprinkle then with mozzarella cheese. Scatter the basil over the top and season with pepper. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
  5. Leave to rise for a further 20-30 minutes.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes in a pre heated oven 200 degrees C/400 degrees F. Serve warm.

NOTE: I don't like goats cheese so simply omitted it and added a little more mozzarella.  Please feel free to keep it as the recipe states or add any cheese combo you like. 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tell me what you're thinking, I promise I don't bite!